Hearing set on smoke-free Indiana bill
Publication Date: 2011-01-11
- Publication:Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
The Indiana House Public Health Committee has scheduled a hearing on House Bill 1018, the Indiana Comprehensive Indoor Clean Air Act, according to a written statement issued Tuesday by Indiana Campaign for Smokefree Air.
The bill would require Indiana workplaces, including restaurants and bars, to go smoke-free.
The hearing is set to begin about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the House chamber, third floor of the Indiana Statehouse.
The committee is expected to hear testimony from the following individuals in support of the bill:
* Danielle Patterson from Indiana Campaign for Smokefree Air.
* Vincent Caponi, president and CEO at St. Vincent Health System.
* Ron Troyer, Elkhart council and author of that city’s 2008 smoke-free ordinance.
* Karena Walters, Greenfield resident and former 14-year employee of Hollywood casino in Lawrenceburg.