Special session update: Day 10
Publication Date: 5/5/2011
- Author:Jordan Schrader
There won't be any action on the House and Senate floor until next week, the third week of the special session.
But lawmakers on the budget-writing committees are working today. Among the bills that could get a vote today in either House or Senate Ways and Means committees:
- SB 5542, creating an exception to the state smoking ban for cigar lounges.
- HB 1132, suspending cost-of-living increases in school-employee pay for another two years.
- SB 5912, expanding family planning services, intended to save money by avoiding the cost of unwanted pregnancies.
- SB 5587, ending a property tax deferral program for poor homeowners.
- HB 2065, which deals with funding for students in online learning and other alternative programs.