Smokefree Nebraska is in sight!
Publication Date: 2008-02-21Right now your Nebraska legislators are considering LB395, a bill that could make all indoor workplaces in Nebraska 100% smokefree, including restaurants and bars.
The good news is that the bill is moving forward. The bad news is that opposition groups are trying to weaken the bill, by adding all sorts of exemptions and loopholes (like an option for cities to "opt-out" of the law entirely, or a provision preempting cities from passing local laws that are stronger than state law).
We're so close! Don't let them muddy the bill with unnecessary exemptions and loopholes. Urge your legislators to keep LB395 strong and fair for all Nebraskans.
THE NEXT VOTE IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd!
WE NEED YOUR HELP TODAY to make sure legislators keep this bill strong.
1) Please call your State Senator TODAY!
Go to http://votesmart.org/index.htm
to find your Senator and their phone number.
2)You can also email your Senator. Please find their email address at http://www.nebraskalegislature.gov/web/public/contact/senators.
- All workers in Nebraska deserve the right to breathe smokefree air at work.
- No one should have to decide between their health and their paycheck.
- Workers in all cities and towns in Nebraska deserve to be protected, at minimum, by this law.
- If cities wish to pass something stronger, they should be allowed to do so at the local level.
- There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.
Thanks for you support!